WATERFORD COUNTRY CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS THIS SUNDAY.
Day one of the Waterford country cross country championships will take place at WIT arena this coming Sunday with even ages and junior and senior mane and women in action. The championships will be held in the playing pitches rather than the usually hilly cross country course. The first race will be off at 10 am sharp with the girls under 10 and the junior and seniors will be held immediately after the juvenile races finish.
- All Athletes MUST be registered with their club
- All Juvenile teams four to score except Girls U19 where there is three to score
- Junior and Senior four to score on a team
- Official club singlet should be worn
- Pacing of athletes will mean disqualification
- Points for the best overall Juvenile club – teams only
- U18 and Juniors is the one race
- The Junior race is separate to the Senior race
- Junior athletes must be 16 years on the 31st December in the year of competition and under 20 years on the 31st December in the year of competition
- The first three in the senior race are not eligible to run Novice. Re grading will be done at the September County Board meeting where necessary.
- Cost of Entry ( All entries will be online)
- Juvenile €5
- Junior and Senior €8
- Online entry by totaltiming.ie
*First three athletes in all races will be awarded their medals at finish line
*Team medals and results will be posted ASAP on the day after the event and medals will be forwarded to each club involved
*Athletes will have to leave course immediately after their event is finished to allow the participants of next race onto the course
*Please note entries close on Friday with strictly no entries on the day.
U10 1000m 1000m
U12 2000m 2000m
U14 3000m 3000m
U16 4000m 4000m
U18 4000m 6000m
Junior 4000m 6000m
Senior 4000m 8000m
AUTUMN 2020 CLUB TRAINING.
If you are looking to mix up your training for the Autumn why not come and join us for our 4 week Autumn challenge. We will covering distances from 5km to 10km and you can book in for one or all four nights. Numbers will follow current Covid guidelines i.e. pods of 15. If you would like to join us please register your interest with Irene on 086 8242348. We will try and accommodate as many athletes as we can within the current guidelines. If you have been training with us the last few weeks, then you are already booked into a pod at either 615/630.