Welcome back to training those born in 2008&2009
Our first night back at training last Friday went very well. We divided into two pods and all our athletes were delighted to be back. Pod 1 Tony’s group will train this week on Monday Wed and Fri @6pm and Pod 2 Harry’s group will train on Wed and Friday. Don’t forget to check in on line for each session. This week on Friday we will welcome back two more groups those born in 2008 and 2009. Please download the membership form and drop the form and the fee to Mary Ashe. I will then register and insure you with athletics Ireland and send you the email with the back to training protocols and the link to allow you to register online. If you want to attend training on Friday you need to get the form to me by Wednesday. Please include an email address on the form.
First Cross Country of the Season
If anyone is interested in competing in St Senan’s Open Cross Country the details are below. Please enter yourself on the link below. You must be registered with athletics Ireland to compete. If you need your life membership number contact Mary Ashe.
ST SENANS AC 43rd OPEN CROSS COUNTRY
Sept 20th, 2020
Kilmacow, Co. Kilkenny
Races for Boys and Girls
u18 Girls 3,000m
u18 Boys 4,000m
Junior, Senior and Masters Ladies 3,000m
Junior, Senior and Masters Men 7,000m
Teams of 4
Operated under COVID guidelines. Only one parent per child allowed on the day. Parents are FREE.
Please register at
County Cross Country Championships
At last Mondays nights zoom county board meeting it was decided to hold cross country championships in Sep and Oct. The championships will be held in Carriganore and will be on a flat course around the playing pitches rather than the usually hilly cross country course.
Waterford County Cross Country Regulations 2020.
THE FOLLOWING DATES HAVE BEEN FIXED FOR WIT ARENA WATERFORD
Sunday Sept 27th EVEN AGES under 10,12,14,16,18 AND JUNIORS AND SENIORS
Saturday Oct 10th UNEVEN AGES under 9,11,13,15,17,19 NOVICE AND MASTERS
10 AM START BOTH DAYS.
- Athletes may move up ONE age group except for the U9 age group. To compete U9, the minimum age is EIGHT years (ie all athletes must turn 8years old in year of competition)
- All Athletes MUST be registered
- All Juvenile teams four to score EXCEPT Girls U19 where there is three to score
- Junior, Senior, Novice & Masters all four to score on a team
- Official club singlet should be worn
- Pacing of athletes will mean disqualification
- Points for the best over all Juvenile club – teams only
- U18 and Juniors is the one race
- The Junior race is separate to the Senior race
- Junior athletes must be 16 years on the 31st December in the year of competition and under 20 years on the 31st December in the year of competition
- Novice athletes must be 19 years of age or over on the 31st December in the year of competition
- The first three in the senior race are not eligible to run Novice. Re grading will be done at the September County Board meeting where necessary.
- Cost of Entry ( All entries will be online)
- Juvenile €5
- Junior, Senior, Novice & Master €8
- Online entry by totaltiming.ie ( more to follow on this shortly)
*First three athletes in all races will be awarded their medals at finish line
*Team medals and results will be posted ASAP on the day after the event and medals will be forwarded to each club involved
*Athletes will have to leave course immediately after their event is finished to allow the participants of next race onto the course
U9 750m 750m
U10 1000m 1000m
U11 1500m 1500m
U12 2000m 2000m
U13 2500m 2500m
U14 3000m 3000m
U15 3500m 3500m
U16 4000m 4000m
U17 4000m 5000m
U18 4000m 6000m
U19 4000m 6000m
Junior 4000m 6000m
Senior 4000m 8000m
Novice 4000m 6000m
Masters 4000m 6000m
The running of the event will be subject to the Covid Regulations in place at the time of competition.