County Championships Day 2 on Saturday
Saturday next October 10th day 2 of the county championships will take place in the W.I.T Campus in Carriganore starting at 10am. The format will be the same as Day 1. Athletes, parents and coaches will have to preregister online. I will post up the timetable as soon as I have it. Each age group will have a designated check in warm up and race time and will have to leave the field after their race. The system worked really well on day 1 so we are looking forward to another good days cross country on Saturday.
Races for this week will be under 9,11,13,15,17 and 19. Athletes can move up one age group. If you are attending as a parent you can register at the same time as you register an athlete.
You must enter your own children for the event at the web address below. Please enter early and let me know on Wed if you are entered
Waterford County Cross Country – Guidelines
- All Athletes MUST be registered in ADVANCE. Strictly no entries on the day.
- All Coaches & Helpers, must register on total timing, link as below and complete the COVID 19 declaration, otherwise STRICITLY NO ADMISSION
- Waterford County Board, in-line with Government, HSE & AAI Guidelines, will only admit ONE parent/ guardian to accompany an athlete 16 years or younger to the event. Both athlete and parent/guardian must complete the COVID 19 declaration form
- Parking is available in WIT Arena & the Greenway carpark.
- All entry will be via the gate at the end of the roadway leading into the Sport fields in WIT Arena.
- Exit will be above the entry gate.
- Waterford County Board will operate a timetable for the event and Athletes taking part later in the day are asked to observe the check in times of their races. Early admission to the venue will not be allowed.
- Upon arrival to WIT Arena and in accordance with the Timetable for the event, athletes will be checked in and directed to the warm up area, which will be the Astro Turf Pitch. You will then be called to your race and brought to the starting area by an official.
- Once having finished your race, all athletes will be asked to follow the same route back to the area of the Astro pitch and must IMMEDIATELY leave the grounds of WIT Arena.
Munster Championships under 10,12,14,1,6 and 18
At the moment as things stand the Munster Even Age Championships will take place in Two Mile Borris Co Tipperary on Sunday Nov 18th. There will be no bus travelling to this event due to Covid 19 . All details of the event are posted on the munsterathletics website.
Entries must be done by the club secretary. Entries close on Friday Oct 9th and there will be no late entries.
I will enter all those who competed in the county championships on Sunday 27th if anyone else wants to be entered please email me asap as I will be doing the entries on Thursday.
Training Going Well
Training has been going well the last few weeks. Our athletes are not into the routine of hand sanitising before and after training and our pod system is working out well with each group checking in, warming up and training as a separate unit. With so much room available in the Friary we are able to spread out well from each other.